I decided to take an evening and try an new recipe for Hamfixin’s to share with the group Monday, June 20th, at 7 PM on the 146.880 repeater. Try making it yourself, and let’s compare notes during the net.
New Potato Salad with Cucumber and Jalapeño
- 1 ½ lb. red or multicolor tiny new potatoes
- 1 – 6 oz. carton plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups chopped, seeded cucumber
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped or sliced jalapeno pepper
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- Fresh dill (optional)
- Halve any large potatoes. In a large saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling water to cover 12 to 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain well. Cool potatoes; cut into halves or quarters.
- In a large bowl combine the next seven ingredients (through black pepper). Stir in the next three ingredients (through jalapeno pepper). Add the cooked potatoes and eggs; gently toss to coat. Cover. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Toss before serving. If desired, top with additional dill. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Try this recipe. It was easy to make and give us your feedback during the Hamfixin’ Net on Monday evening.
One thought on “Hamfixin’ Potato Salad”
I decided to chop the jalapeño instead of being sliced.
Will let you know how it taste, after it has had time to chill.
You must log in to post a comment.