Come on out to the ARRL NTX Mentorfest 2019 program hosted by Hella Hams and the ARRL North Texas Section Apr 27, 2019 from 9am until 4pm. Location: Hella Shrine Center, 2121 Rowlett Rd., Garland, TX 75043 Additional details and PDF flyer below.Continue reading
Alford Media will be holding their 17th Annual Chili Cook-Off Sunday, November 18th, 2018 at the Alford Media Office in Coppell, TX from Noon to 4pm. Those in the area are welcome to come join in for some great chili and a fun times!
The schedule for the Dallas Amateur Radio Club Tech Net on the Hill, 2018, has been announced!
We hope you can come out and join us; there will be lots of great presentations, and plenty of opportunity for friendship and fellowship.
We’ll be on the hill from 2 pm to 9 pm Saturday, October 27th, 2018.
The DARC needs your help – please sign up below to help the DARC support the 2018 YMCA Turkey Trot. The “Trot” is Thanksgiving Day Nov 22, 2018 – more details on the event can be found here on this link. The race starts at 9am but the DARC will be there bright an early. To Volunteer please sign up using the form below. Additional details to follow.
This Saturday’s Lecture and Lab should be a fun one: we’re going to learn about different ways to turn our RTL-SDR USB dongles into antenna analyzers. Bring yourself and your curiosity. Bring $45.00! Bring your RTL-SDR dongle. Bring your favorite ideas about what to do with the RTL-SDR. We’ll have time to talk about them. Besides all those things, you should bring:
- A laptop computer. A Raspberry Pi might not have the horsepower, but if you’re stubborn, you can try.
- You’ll save time if you download and install the software we’ll be using. We’ll start by doing things the easy way, with the RTLSDR-Scanner. The installation is very easy for Windows, but a little more involved for Mac or Ubuntu. If you have a Windows or Linux laptop, you can also install version 1.2 of Spektrum, which we’ll discuss and experiment with.
- Bring your RTL-SDR Dongle! We will not have any for sale. If you’d like to support the club, your could order a dongle or a dongle with small dipoles through smile.amazon.com.
- A 12-14V power DC power supply for your noise source. It helps if it has a variety of barrel connectors so that you can be sure of having the right one. It can be very low power; only 0.2 amps are needed.
- Bring an antenna to measure. You can even bring more than one. (You can bring a lawn chair to analyze! Have Fun! —KE5ICX) We’re going to have plenty of time to measure antennas, experiment with the scanning software, and share our favorite tips and tricks for the RTL-SDR.